Del's Moving & Storage 2019 Chicago moving guide
Updated: Sep 7, 2019
Del's is all about success, so we've made this convenient moving guide, to help you with your next professional move. We understand moving can be a stressful life event, so here's our guide to help things go smoothly before, during & after your move.
1. Be honest and upfront when setting up the move. The more information the moving company has, the more efficiently everything will run. Don’t be afraid to call back with updates or changes.
2. Make sure all walk ways & stairs are cleared & pets are kept in a separate room so they don't run loose while the doors are open.
3. Ask your movers in advance if there are items they may or may not be able to disconnect, (un)assemble, etc. such as appliances, electronics, exercise equipment, etc.
4. Make sure you (or someone who knows what you want done) is available all day to instruct the movers of what/where you want things.
5. Be prepared, the more you have ready, boxed up and labeled before the movers arrive, the more efficiently the move will go.
6. Leave any hanging items (clothing, coats, etc.) on hangers for the movers to pack into free supplied Del's wardrobe boxes. Pack other items in the closet (folded sweaters, shoes) into boxes.
7. Clearly label each box with its destination on both the top and one side. You can also label the door to the room with whatever system you use on the box (i.e., Bedroom #1, Pink room, etc.)
8. Pack heavy items (books, media) in smaller boxes and light items in larger boxes to protect from breaking and ease stacking
9. When the movers are wrapping up both at the load site and the unload site, do one last sweep of the home to make sure nothing’s been left behind or undone.
10. Soft items such as clothes and linens can be left in chests, dressers – but this is not recommended for antique or larger pieces.
11. Leave a few pre-labeled boxes ready to go for last minute items like linens, kitchen items, toiletries, etc.
12. The end & first of each month is the busiest time for moving, you’ll have more flexibility if you’re able to book your move at a different time of the month.
We're an affordable Chicago moving company. If you're looking for expert movers in Chicago you've come to the right place. We're top rated Chicago movers! For trusted movers near me in Chicago, Elmhurst, Brookfield, and Countyside, Illinois give us a call!
We hope you enjoyed this blog. For any of your moving or storage needs, give Del's Moving & Storage a call @ (847) 797-6683